Friday, June 29, 2018

Day 4?

We've been gone a week so are regularly unsure of what day it is. I think it's Friday evening.

I left out a visit to the (St. Louis) Federal Bank's Economy Museum. It's free and it was fun. We got to buy/sell wheat on the exchange. Kat did the best of all of us, making the most money from her sales. And we got a bag of shredded money when we left.

After leaving Springfield yesterday we went to Geneva, IL for our first minor league ball game (on this trip). The Lake County Cougars beat the Quad city something's 5-2. In a game with 3 out-of-the-park homeruns (by 3 different Cougars) 2 balks, 1 pick- off and a double play! Another very exciting game! We are getting spoiled!

The game was followed by fireworks and kids of all ages running the bases. Which Kat & Dan did. She's wearing the giant white sweatshirt in those pics. It's her JO souvenir. I don't expect it to stay white for long....

Today (& tomorrow) there's a heat advisory all over the mid/east north. 95-98 degrees here. So it seemed like the right time for a water park. We're at wilderness resort in Wisconsin Dells. Apparently the water park capital of the US! There are 5-6 different water parks on this property, half indoors and half outdoors. It was the best place to be on such a ridiculously hot day. We will be here through Sunday, so I may not have much exciting stuff to tell you about. If I clean out my phone/camera, maybe I'll take some pics.

The last pic is from the Moosejaw pizza company & brewery here in Wisconsin Dells. I love the hat!

We did get free tickets to a waterski show nearby, so we will have to do that one of these days. Then, I think the plan is to head north and do sone camping. If the kid isn't too spoiled by the water parks/hotel set up. I had wanted to end with the water park, but we decided that staying in for these days was far better than trying to camp!


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Kat 12-6-07

Kat 12-6-07
I assume that she's alive....

11-5-07

11-5-07

12-28-08

12-28-08
I love the look she's giving her foster mom

12-28-07

12-28-07

Kat 10-26-07

Kat 10-26-07
Kat & foster mom

Kat in late December 07

Kat in late December 07

Kat's first christmas with her foster mom

Kat's first christmas with her foster mom
This is just too cute

From Late November

From Late November
I think she's eating a gobstopper

Late November

Late November
awwwwww....